- City Services
- Public Safety
Discover the services provided by the Fire Department.
Learn about the divisions of the Clear Lake Shores Police Department and the City of Dickinson Jail.
Clear Lake Shores - Emergency contact information
An emergency is any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police, fire department or ambulance. In case of an emergency you should always contact 911. If you’re not sure whether the situation is a true emergency, officials recommend calling 911 and letting the call-taker determine whether you need emergency help.
Another option to obtain emergency assistance is by dialing the 10-digit phone number of your local law enforcement. These numbers are staffed 24 hours per day, seven days a week. It is important to memorize your local 10-digit number in case 9-1-1 should fail. Though this is unlikely, you and your family must have a back-up plan and memorize these numbers:
- CLS Police Department 24-hour dispatch number: Dial (281) 538-0659 and press 2 for dispatch.
- Galveston County Sheriff’s Department 24-hour dispatch number: Dial 409-766-2322 and press 2 for dispatch.
These numbers will provide immediate assistance from police, fire department or ambulance.
What if I need police or fire assistance, but it’s not an emergency?
Telecommunicators receive many calls throughout the day and night that have nothing to do with dangerous scenarios, like reports of power outages, missing pets, or questions about community events, so be sure to only contact 911 when you’re in an emergency that requires police, fire, or EMS. To learn more about emergency and non-emergency situations, please visit www.911.gov or www.nct911.org.
Here is a list of non-emergency contact numbers for Clear Lake Shores:
- Clear Lake Shores City Hall (281) 334-2799 (City administration, City Secretary, Public Information Office, Public Works, Permits, Building department, Fire Marshal).
- City Hall office hours are Monday - Thursday from 8:00am to 5:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 12:00pm
- CLS Police Department - OFFICE (281) 334-1034. Our office number should be used for administrative calls, or questions during business hours. Police administration is available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm.
- Municipal Court (281) 334-0697
- Kemah Fire Dept 281-538-5727
- Bayou Animal Control (281) 337-3117
- WCID#12 (281) 334-3331
- Centerpoint electric outage (800) 332-7143
- Centerpoint gas leak (888) 876-5786
- AmeriWaste (281) 331-8400
If you require further assistance, please contact the Public Information Office at email@example.com