MAY 6, 2023 - GENERAL ELECTION
The next General Election will be held on May 6, 2023. On this day, our voters will elect two (2) council members and a mayor for the City of Clear Lake Shores.
Early Voting Dates:
April 24-28, 2023 Hours 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
May 1-2, 2023 Hours 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
May 6, 2023 Hours: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Voting is at the Clear Lake Shores Clubhouse, 931 Cedar, Clear Lake Shores, TX 77565.
FILE YOUR APPLICATION FOR A PLACE ON THE BALLOT
You can file an application for a place on the ballot beginning Wednesday, January 18, 2023, through Friday, February 17, 2023. The application documents are available in the above links or the application packet is available for pickup at City Hall, 1006 South Shore Drive, Clear Lake Shores, TX.
- All applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2023. Any application filed after 5:00 p.m. will not be counted.
- Applications must be notarized.
- Applications must not contain blank spaces. Incomplete documents can be rejected.
- Applications can be submitted by mail or in person. Per Texas Election Law, “An application filed by mail must be received by the deadline; having a timestamp before the deadline with the application actually arriving after the deadline is not sufficient.”
- Applications can also be submitted via email to City Secretary at email@example.com
Qualifications for Office
- Residence: 1 year in state prior to filing deadline; 6 months in the city (or ward) prior to the filing deadline
- Age: 18
- Must be a registered voter in the territory elected from by the filing deadline
To learn more, please visit https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/laws/terms.shtml
Don’t forget that you can also vote early!
VOTE BY MAIL
Early Voting Clerk's mailing address is: 1006 South Shore Drive, Clear Lake Shores, Texas 77565. Please visit https://www.galvestonvotes.org/voter-information/voting-by-mail
REGISTER TO VOTE
To vote in Texas, you must be registered. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date.
To be eligible to register in Texas, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be a resident of the county;
- be 18 years old (you may register at 17 years and 10 months);
- not a convicted felon (unless a person’s sentence is completed, including any probation or parole)
- not declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law
To learn more, please visit https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/reqvr.shtml or https://www.votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/index.html