The Jarboe Bayou Pool is a “neighborhood” pool and is not available for use by the general public. Membership is restricted to the following classes of members:
- Resident - any person who resides in (or has a beneficial interest of at least 50%) residential property within the City of Clear Lake Shores and its extra-territorial jurisdiction (ETJ). Exception: Employees of the City and residents of the Lazy Bend Subdivision are eligible to be Resident Members.
- Non-Resident - any person who resides outside of the City of Clear Lake Shores or its ETJ
Pool membershipPool Memberships are valid from May 1 through April 30 and must be renewed each year.
The FEE SCHEDULE charged for use of the Pool for the full 12-month regular Pool Season starting May 1, 2023 and ending April 30, 2024 will be as follows:
|Type of Membership||Resident Fee||Nonresident Fee|
|One Adult (1 key fob)||$75.00||$140.00|
|Two Adults (same address 18 or over) (1 key fob)||$95.00||$180.00|
|Family (all same address) (1 key fob with membership/additional key fob $25.00)||$175.00||$325.00|
|Additional Guest Pass Books (One book of ten passes; each pass is good for one use of the Pool by one person)||$25.00|
Active Membership Year Only
Active Membership Year Only
|Individual Guest Pass (Each pass is good for one use of the Pool by one person)||$3.00||$4.50|
|Lost or Stolen Key Fob - Key Fob will be deactivated and new one can be purchased at City Hall||$25.00||$25.00|
|Damaged Key Fob - Must be returned to City Hall to be eligible for replacement. Will be deactivated upon submission.||NO FEE||NO FEE|
Family Memberships includes all persons that reside in the household (any person 18 and over must provide proof of residency ex: driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) Non-resident grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins, etc. are considered “guests” (over the age of (6) years) and Guest Passes must be used. In addition, both Resident and Nonresident Members must accompany their guest(s) when using the Pool. Guest Passes must be surrendered to a lifeguard when using the Pool. Guest Passes expire on the same date as the membership expires, which is April 30th annually. Each membership (not individual member) shall be limited to five (5) guests at any one time.
Click here to download the Pool Membership Agreement and Application Form.
Please fill out and return application form to City staff at City Hall, 1006 South Shore Drive Clear Lake Shores, TX 77565. City staff will take your payment and complete your membership registration. For more information, please contact City Hall at 281-334-2799.
Pool HoursThe Pool will be open for the entire year. Hours are as follows:
1. Normal Pool Operating Hours will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday through Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Seasonal Lifeguards are available.
- Pool may be closed to members during water aerobics classes for up to 1 hour no more than twice weekly.
The pool schedule is also summarized in the table below:
3. The City reserves the right to restrict use of the pool for certain groups of citizens for aquatic activities such as water aerobics or swimming lessons.